Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:52:42 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         SAS User <sas@SDAC.HARVARD.EDU>
Subject:      Lack of macro "in" function

SAS-Lers,

To my understanding and through my experiences, there is no equivalent of the statement: if var1 in (one, two, three); in the macro language. If I have a huge list that I need to check if a macro variable has one of the values, instead of using several "or"s (%if &MVAR = one or %MVAR = two or &MVAR = three) I use a data _null_ and another macro var to flag if that's true. Does anyone have any other tricks or am I just plain wrong in believing there is no "in" statement for the macro language? Thanks.

-Casey