Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2003, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:59:55 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "DePuy, Venita" <depuy001@DCRI.DUKE.EDU>
Subject:      Re: R-Square Negaive?
Comments: To: "Elmaache, Hamani" <Hamani.Elmaache@CCRA-ADRC.GC.CA>

Not sure the quality of the light, but I've had that issue with Proc Model as well. I believe the negative R^2 is a result of it being non-linear. Been a little while so I don't remember the specifics of what I did about it, I think just looked at MSE's to compare models instead of R^2s.

HTH, Venita -----Original Message----- From: Elmaache, Hamani To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent: 11/26/2003 11:19 AM Subject: R-Square Negaive?

Hi there. I'm using MODEL Procedure,but I'm not familiar to this Procedure and I'm surprised to NEGATIVE R-Square. Exactly I'v gotten this outpout: The MODEL Procedure

Nonlinear OLS Summary of Residual Errors

DF DF Adj Equation Model Error SSE MSE Root MSE R-Square R-Sq

amt2 4 2614 8140.1 3.1140 1.7647 -0.2179 -0.2193

Can somebady shed light on this issue?