Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:44:45 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Geoff Matthews <geoff.matthews@waterford.org>
Subject:      Re: Simple question - I think
Comments: To: Tony Baglioni <tbaglioni@epsilongroup.com>

Just split the file based on that variable.

SORT CASES BY "your variable" . SPLIT FILE SEPARATE BY "your variable" .

Any analysis that you do will be done to both groups seperately. If you want to compare the results of the odd numbers to the even numbers, an independent t-test would work IF the data types are appropriate. If you want to do this, you need to undo the split.

SPLIT FILE OFF.

Geoff Matthews

-----Original Message----- From: Tony Baglioni [mailto:tbaglioni@epsilongroup.com] Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 9:29 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Simple question - I think

All,

I have what I think should be a simple bit of syntax to write but the logic is escaping me. I will be sending out 800 surveys numbered 1 to 800. Odd numbered surveys will be going to one respondent category, even numbers to a second categy. I know I should be able to write syntax that puts the odd numbers into one group and the evens into the second group but I'm stumped. Any help?

Thanks much. Tony

The Epsilon Group, LLC 1410 Sachem Place Charlottesville, VA 22901 USA 434.975.0097 x302 434.975.0477 (fax) tbaglioni@epsilongroup.com www.epsilongroup.com

This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential material intended for the named recipient only. If you are not the named recipient, delete this message and all attachments. Unauthorized reviewing, copying, printing, disclosing, or otherwise using information in this e-mail is prohibited. We reserve the right to monitor e-mail sent through our network.