Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:24:15 -0000
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Stephen Hampshire <stephenhampshire@leadershipfactor.com>
Subject:   Re: start and run syntax by xxx.bat file
Comments:   To: Max Bell <m.bell@bellherrmann.nl>

I normally use a vbscript file, which works much the same way.

You can just enter vb commands into a text file and save it with the extension .vbs.

The windows scripting host (if enabled) will run the script when you double-click it.

For example:

Set appSPSS = CreateObject("SPSS.Application")

Set SPSSdata = appSPSS.OpenDataDoc ("C:\Temp\DataTest\test.sav") strcomm = "SAVE TRANSLATE OUTFILE='C:\Temp\DataTest\test.dat'" strcomm = strcomm & " /TYPE=TAB /MAP /REPLACE."

appSPSS.ExecuteCommands strcomm, True

appSPSS.quit set SPSSdata = nothing set appSPSS = nothing

which just runs some syntax to export some data as a text file.

hth

Stephen