Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:35:22 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Fehd, Ronald J. (PHPPO)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      SASware Ballot 16 function to return Text in Title or Footnote

16 provide a method, such as a function, to return the current value of the TITLE and FOOTNOTE statements

proc sql;describe table dictionary.titles;quit; * type char(1) label='Title Location', number num label='Title Number', text char(256) label='Title Text' ; footnote1 test text;

proc sql;select * from dictionary.titles ;quit;

*Let Type = T;%*Title; *Let Type = F;%*Footnote;

*Let Number = 1;%*in 1:9;

%Let Text =;%*initialize;

%Macro GetTitle(type = T /*in T:Title, F:Footnote*/ ,number = 1 /*in 1:9 */ ,returnVar = Text); %Let Type = %upcase(&Type.); %global &ReturnVar; PROC SQL;select Text into :&ReturnVar. from Dictionary.Titles where Type eq "&Type." and Number eq &Number. ;quit;%Mend;

%GetTitle(type = F); %Put Text<&Text.>;

and I'm sure the SCL-heads can write it as a function rather than the procedure I've written here.

Ron Fehd the SQL into:macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2@cdc.gov

OpSys: Win_Pro Ver: 9.00 (TS M0) --> cheerful provider of UNTESTED SAS code from the Clue?Gee!Wrx <--

Efficiency is intelligent laziness. -David Dunham