Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:00:07 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   William Kossack <kossackw@NJC.ORG>
Subject:   moving files with sas

I'm trying to figure out how to move files using SAS.

I have it working with the x command such as x copy c:\dir\output.pdf t:\otherdir\reports\* ;

but some of the files have long file names with spaces in them such as x copy c:\dir\reports\much longer report.pdf t:\otherdir\reports\* ;

The problem is that I may have two files called

much longer report.pdf and much longer new report.pdf

with only a slightly different name that should be moved to different locations.

The spaces in the file names are stumping me.

How can I accomplish this?