Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:27:36 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Paulls, Alistair" <Alistair.Paulls@PAREXEL.COM>
Subject:      Re: DOS Command Help

Hi Jules, I think this is what you're after,

dir *.sas7* /s /b > c:\_tmp_.txt

The /s and /b bit searches the subdirectories and the > c:\_tmp_.txt is the new text file created.

Cheers,

Alistair

-----Original Message----- From: Bosch, Jules [PRDUS Non J&J] [mailto:JBosch1@PRDUS.JNJ.COM] Sent: 09 December 2003 16:40 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: DOS Command Help

Does anyone remember the DOS command to accomplish the following?

Read an entire drive for any and all SAS V8 files and send the results to a fresh text file.

With the following -

dir *.sas7* > dir.out

I can get the SAS V8 files on the drive at the top level but not the files down into the subfolders.

TIA,

Jules Bosch