Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2003, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:23:29 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "DePuy, Venita" <depuy001@DCRI.DUKE.EDU>
Subject:      Re: sas question
Comments: To: sunny <hschadha@AOL.COM>

Sunny - not quite sure what you're asking, but am assume from the below that your data consists of: Delyr, outcome, mrace4, mager8.

So you want to do something like predict the chance of each outcome based on year, race, and mother's age? In which case I'm thinking you want a logisitic model (someone correct me if I'm wrong? too early in the day).

ie Proc Logistic data=filename descending; class mrace4; model outcome = delyr mrace4 mager8; run;

Explaining the output is a little harder . . perhaps is you run that and post the output on the list, we could help interpret it. You might also check SAS online docs. From that output, you ought to be able to determine the probability of each outcome for each group of race and age and year.

Hope this helps, Venita > ---------- > From: sunny[SMTP:hschadha@AOL.COM] > Reply To: sunny > Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 10:54 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: sas question > > Hello > > I am a very novice user in SAS. I need some help/direction on a > project. I have a data set that I need to do regression analysis. The > data set is setup as follows: > > a) Item Location: 1-4 > b) Field Name: DELYR > c) Item & Code Outline: 1998 & 1999 > > a) 5 > b) OUTCOME > c) outcome of pregnancy > 1.... infant death > 2.... fetal death of 20 weeks or more > 3.... fetal death of less than 20 weeks > > a) 29 > b) MAGER8 > c) age of mother recode 8 > 1.... under 15 years > 2.... 15 - 19 years > 3.... 20 - 24 years > 4.... 25 - 29 years > > a) 35 > b) MRACE4 > c) race of mother recode > 1.... white > 2.... black > 3.... american indian > > my question is what commands do i use. > example: > delyr 1999 > outcome of pregnancy fetal less than 20 > age of mother 20 - 24 years > > thank you for any help >