Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:04:21 +1100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Frank Milthorpe <Frank.Milthorpe@dipnr.nsw.gov.au>
Subject:      Anyone packaged SPSSv11.5 for delivery to the desktop in a Novell
              Netware environment?

Our branch has recently been transferred to another government agency. Our IT people would like to distribute SPSS using a "packaged solution". Currently we are using SPSS version 11.5. Our IT people have tried various packaging tools including, zenworks, wise, sms etc but each one has different issues.

I assume that some of the people who support SPSS in universities must have an automated method of distributing SPSS to the desktop. I would be keen to hear from anyone who has done this successfully in a Novell Netware environment. From the client side the network client software is 4.83. The applications are delivered using ZENWorks 3.2. I can obtain more details network if this will assist.

Thanks.

Frank Milthorpe

-------------------------------------------- Frank Milthorpe Transport Modelling Manager Transport and Population Data Centre (TPDC) Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Natural Resources GPO Box 3927, Sydney NSW 2001 Level 5, 20 Lee Street, Sydney

Direct: +61 2 9762 8488 Tel: +61 2 9762 8511 Fax: +61 2 9762 8514 Email: frank.milthorpe@dipnr.nsw.gov.au