Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Jan 2004 06:40:58 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Anonymous <swanson_d@BLS.GOV>
Subject:      Traveling Salesman Problem

Iím looking for a macro similar to the TSP.

I have a list of n cities along with their geographic locations, i.e., their (x,y) coordinates. I want to find the route I should take in which I always travel to the nearest un-visited city. Does anybody have a macro that does it?

I donít know if it makes any difference, but I want to measure distances with the L1 distance function instead of the usual L2 Euclidean distance function. That is, I want the distance from (x0,y0) to (x1,y1) to be ABS (x0-x1) + ABS(y0-y1) instead of SQRT((x0-x1)**2 + (y0-y1)**2). The reason is that roads in the midwest form a grid.