Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:26:27 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Richard A. DeVenezia" <radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: Command to reattach columns from a Data Set Model to a Form
              Viewer?

"Arjen Raateland" <arjen.raateland@ymparisto.fi> wrote in message news:400D634C.657AFCF@ymparisto.fi... > Hi all, > > I changed the name of a single variable in a data set, whereupon its > values stopped showing up in the form viewer field where they used to > show. > I renamed the field to the new name of the variable, but that doesn't > solve the problem. > > The frame has no SCL, just a Form Viewer Control with a small number of > fields showing the contents of a data set one row at a time and a > 'Close' button. > When I create a new frame with a Form Viewer Control and drop the Data > set model in it and set the name of the table, all fields do show up. > > If I temporarily rename the field, whose name was changed, back to what > it used to be, the 'old' frame works again as before the name change (no > surprise, perhaps). > > I have looked and looked, but I can't find a command to reattach the > columns to the (fields of the) viewer. How should I go about this? > (I'm not very keen on rebuilding the whole frame.) > > We use SAS v8.2 on a Windows NT 4 workstation. > > Thanks for helping out. > -- > Arjen Raateland > Finnish Environment Institute SYKE > Research Dept. > SAS Support > phone +358 9 4030 0350

Arjen:

I feel your pain, if the form is very large and has lots of customization.

Make a backup of your catalog before trying these.

If you are using the default layout, and the form has a SAS Data Set Model as it's model, and the model has some preexisting table named in the models .table attribute, (inhale) then right click over the form, select Form->, select Refill Using Attributes and click OK in the "You are about to..." dialog.

If the form is customized, right click over the form, select Form->, select Display Column Window. You should be able to unlink the old column name (by dragging the list item "Unlink" onto the field) and add the 'new' column name by dragging it from the listbox and dropping it on the form.

If all else fails, maybe an edit through view would have to be used (the view renames the new name to the old name so the form works) -- Richard A. DeVenezia http://www.devenezia.com/downloads/sas/af/