Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:05:55 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Richard A. DeVenezia" <radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: Anybody have a fix for PROC DBLOAD bug?

"Stephen Hirsch" <stephen.hirsch@pharma.novartis.com> wrote in message news:6bf03e6c.0401280616.e64f628@posting.google.com...

Is the SAS metadata migrated to the Oracle tables ? (I don't think Oracle has anything quite like sas formats, maybe some simpler indicators how a numeric should be displayed)

If a value is too large for the SAS format defined for a variable, is not this a data issue with the CRO ?

>Therefore, it is very >important that I maintain the metadata;

Maintain the metdata in SAS or Oracle, or both ? What happens in Oracle when a value is too large to be rendered according to a columns display specifiers ?

There was a www.SAS.com article (don't recall the exact link) on how to adjust a table that has values too large for a columns format. The article deals with the all too familiar

<quote>

At least one W.D format was too small for the number to be printed. The decimal may be shifted by the "BEST" format."

</quote>

From this info, you should be able to define a view to the CRO data which will not have any ***, and dbload the view. -- Richard A. DeVenezia http://www.devenezia.com