Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:39:50 -0500
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Donna Jackson <djbphoto@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Lake Horton & E.L. Huie 2/19/04

I went to the E.L. Huie ponds this AM followed by a trip to Lake Horton this afternoon.

At Huie:

1 Eared Grebe 40+ Ruddy Ducks 20+ Northern Shovelers 30+ Greater & Lesser Scaups 2 Green-winged Teals 20+ Ringnecks 2 American Pipits 2 Belted Kingfishers

At Lake Horton:

The YB Loon was seen from the n. end of Antioch Rd. I heard from other birders that the YB Loon and the Common Loon had been seen together earlier and were on the eastern arm of the lake. However, when I saw the YB Loon it was about 80 yards out in a straight line from Antioch and slowly moved to the right, or western arm of the lake near the dam. The Common Loon was in the vicinity of the YB, but not as close as it had been yesterday or the day before. When I left, the YB Loon was on the surface with its head turned backwards. It had been diving and staying under water for long periods. The Ross's Goose was near the western side of the causeway very close to the shore and the road.

Donna Jackson Peachtree City, GA