Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Feb 2004 09:18:20 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Choate, Paul@DDS" <pchoate@DDS.CA.GOV>
Subject:      Re: SAS file to SPSS file
Comments: To: Toby Dunn <tdunn@OAKHILLTECH.COM>

Hi Toby -

I know I've done this before more than once, but I don't have SPSS documentation here. I seem to remember SPSS reads a SAS cport file. Using an Access 2000 table as an intermediary might be a good route though, so you and whomever you're sharing data with can both have something to look at on the same platform, if there are translation difficulties with dates or other field definitions.

SAS engines only read SPSS tables, they won't write directly to one.

Good luck

Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160

-----Original Message----- From: Toby Dunn [mailto:tdunn@OAKHILLTECH.COM] Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 9:13 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS file to SPSS file

Has or does, anyone done or know, if you can take a SAS dataset and send it out as a SPSS file. I should mention that I am using an os/390 system. (just gotta love that big iron).

Thanks in Advance.

Toby Dunn