Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:04:05 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Quentin McMullen <quentin_mcmullen@BROWN.EDU>
Subject:      insert RTF to Word, font size changes?

Hi All,

I'm having problems similar to what Alex Gray reported in an 11/5/2003 post (the thread ended without a solution).

Often we generate indvidual RTF files then assemble them into a report in Word. Frequently whether we use "insert file" or simple cut-and-paste, the font-size changes when the file is inserted.

In the example below, superpats.rtf looks good when I open it. If I open a new word doc and use insert file, both columns become font size=12 and the year column wraps within the cell. (In this case it seems to work ok if I cut-and-paste instead).

I had thought if it was an RTF problem, I could solve it by opening the rtf file, saving it as superpats.doc, and then inserting the .doc, but no joy.

Wondering if other folks (besides me and Alex) have seen this problem, and what solutions/workarounds have been discovered?

We're running SAS 8.2, Word 2002 on Win XP.

Sample code: ------------------------------- data a; input year team $20.; cards; 2005 New England??? 2004 New England 2003 Tampa Bay 2002 New England 2001 Baltimore 2000 St.Louis ; run;

ods rtf file='c:\junk\superpats.rtf'; title "21st Century Superbowl Wins"; proc report data=a missing nowd; column year team; define year / display style(column)=[font_weight=bold font_size=10pt]; define team / display style(column)=[font_size=12pt]; run; ods rtf close;

--------

Kind Regards, --Quentin