Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Feb 2004 21:42:29 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Leslie J. Somos" <LJSomos@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Pharmaceutical SAS Programming

"Lou" <lpogodajr292185@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<5uKdnbPevIwNxr3dRVn-gQ@comcast.com>... > [...] I'm faced with writing an SOP on validating an install of > SAS on a workstation. That is, once the install procedure has been done and > the last CD slipped back into its envelop, how do we validate that > everything is working as it should? Anyone out there have any pointers?

Many many moons ago, when I installed SAS 82.3 on an IBM mainframe, back when it required the PL/I transient library to run, SAS Institute supplied a batch IVP (Installation Verification Procedure), which minimally exercised a number of SAS procedures. I would print the output to microfiche and file it. Just by holding it up to a light, I could compare it with the previous install and see whether the number of pages or their content varied widely from the last install. And if anything caught my eye, I could examine the detail in a microfiche viewer.

I'm not familiar with the process for installing SAS on a PC workstation. -Leslie --