Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:49:33 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sigurd Hermansen <HERMANS1@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Changing Oracle Passwords via  SAS  pass-through command
Comments: To: "Braun, Joseph M." <joebraun@PURDUE.EDU>

Joseph: You may be able to embed the ALTER SQL statement in an EXECUTE(). Try the syntax EXECUTE (DBMS-specific-SQL-statement) BY dbms-name | alias; across your pass-thru connection to Oracle.

Of course you'll need sufficient permissions to ALTER passwords for this to succeed .... Sig

-----Original Message----- From: Braun, Joseph M. [mailto:joebraun@PURDUE.EDU] Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 9:17 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Changing Oracle Passwords via SAS pass-through command

I need to change the password on my Oracle account. A collegue provided the following command alter user <user id> identified by xxxxxx.

I do not have Sql Plus on my workstation, and unsuccessfully tried to embed the above Oracle command in SAS pass-through statments. Can someone please provide the syntax for SAS pass-through statements which will change an Oracle password, (if indeed it's possible.) Thanks

******************************************** Joe Braun Purdue University Phone 765-49-47412