Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:09:03 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jules Bosch <Jules@BOSCHSYSTEMS.COM>
Subject:      Re: OT: Chicken Soup Quotes - to brighten your day
Comments: To: Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG>

What the heck, some of my favorites.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- It's a poor bird that s---- in its own nest. My old English Prof.

Measure twice, saw once. An old carpenter (or was it an old SAS programmer?)

Luck is a funny thing, the harder I work the more of it I see to have. Thomas Jefferson (?)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. Antoine de Saint-Exupery (He must have been a programmer.) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Jules Bosch www.JBCDA.com

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Peter Flom Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 12:06 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: OT: Chicken Soup Quotes - to brighten your day

Some nice ones here, Charles.....and here are some of my favorites, since it's Friday

"Never try teaching a pig to sing.....it wastes your time and annoys the pig" - traditional Yiddish saying

"When two men agree on everything, one of them is doing all the thinking: - Harry Truman

"There are no illegitmate children, only illegitimate parents" Judge Leon Yankovitch

"If you're not surprised, you haven't learned anything" - Herman Friedman (a professor of mine)

"When you cease to make a contribution, you begin to die" - Eleanor Roosevelt

"One day, about 2000 years after someone had been nailed to a cross for saying how great it would be if everyone were nice to each other......" Douglas Adams

Peter

>>> Charles Patridge <charles_s_patridge@PRODIGY.NET> 3/19/2004 11:48:58 AM >>> To All,

A few quotes to brighten up your Friday!

Hope you like -

http://www.sconsig.com/chicken_soup_quotes_for_mind_heart_and_soul.pdf

Regards, Charles Patridge

PS, this happens to be all the quotes I have for SCONSIG.com that appear randomly on my main web page on the top. Someone asked if I could compile them into a single document in order to read them all.