Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:48:59 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Quentin McMullen <quentin_mcmullen@BROWN.EDU>
Subject:      upgrade to 9.1 stories

Hi Folks,

With the official release of 9.1, I thought it might be good to start a thread for people to share trials/tribulations (and successes!) in the upgrade process.

Our group is still in 8.2, and will be skipping over 9.0 and straight to 9.1.

Are there any gotchas out there that we should be careful of (either in terms of the installation process, or problems with legacy code?).

My foremost question is, can I install 9.1 on a PC and have it live happily (and independently) along side an 8.2 version? How about the same question for UNIX?

My concern is we've got a lot of ods rtf code, which has lots of workarounds for various limitations of ods rtf in 8.2, and probably has some features that actually take advantage of ods rtf bugs in 8.2 (e.g. I vaguely remember SAS wasn't happy with some of interaction between titles and startpage, and it was going to 'fix' this in 9.1). So while I'm happy to start coverting code to run in 9.1, we can't afford to have all of our standard reports break at once.

Thoughts? Stories?

Kind Regards, --Quentin