Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:03:52 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Ross, Michael D" <michael.ross@ASTRAZENECA.COM>
Subject:      Converting V6 Catalog to V8 Catalog

Hey Guys, Is there a quick way to do this conversion? Thanks. Mike

-----Original Message----- From: RolandRB [mailto:rolandberry@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 9:44 AM To: Subject: Re: Variables with only missing values

zahra.ghasemi@SPCORP.COM (Ghasemi, Zahra) wrote in message news:<BD7077908DA5D7118DCB00508BF9AF5A04130392@kenmsg35.schp.com>... > I need to list the char. & numeric variables that have only MISSING values > in a sas data set library . Is anybody have a macro??? > > > Thanks in advance

Do you mean missing in all data sets in a library or missing in individual datasets in a library?

I have a macro %missvars that will act on one dataset at a time here: http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/missvars.sas

The above macro calls %nvarsc here: http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/nvarsc.sas ...which in turn calls these macros: http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/varlistc.sas http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/words.sas

...and %nvarsn here: http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/nvarsn.sas ...which in turn calls these macros: http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/varlistn.sas http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/words.sas

I also have another macro %dslist that will give you a list of all the datasets in a library so you could combine that with the macros above: http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/dslist.sas

You could use my %doallitem macro to accept the list of all datasets in a library coming out of the %dslist macro and then find the all-missing variables and list them. http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/doallitem.sas

I would give you a coded example but I don't know the format you need for the output.

Roland