Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Apr 2004 09:36:15 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         GGould <galegould2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Application Broker & Application Server

I am trying to get SAS Intrnet work on my laptop. I have downloaded Apache, and installed. Then I ran websrv.exe to install CGI tool setup. I directed the install to the following directories: (1) first prompt samples and support files: c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\sasweb (2) second prompt CGI directory: c:\program files\apache group\apache\cgi-bin (3) third prompt URL corresponding to c:\program files\apache group\apache\cgi-bin: http:\\localhost\cgi-bin Then run Start-Programs-The SAS System-SAS IntrNet-Create a New IntrNet Service using default as service name and 5010 as port. Next I edit the broker.cfg to reflect default name, and 5010 port and http.conf to reflect port number.

I start Apache. When I start default service, I see a SAS launch screen and then a box minimizes and says SAS / App Srv 5010 but then it immediately goes away. One time it did stay, but I can not get it to stay now.

When going to http:\\localhost - I do receive the Apache confirmation screen - so I have that working. At http:\\localhost\scripts\broker.exe? I get page not found. At http:\\localhost\cgi-bin\broker.exe? When I got the SAS / App Srv 5010 box to minimize and stay and it did not go away, I did get the test page with the Application Dispatcher, Sample, Docs choices - but when I selected a sample like "Hello World" or pinged it, I got message not functioning properly.

I am using SAS online IntrNet community help and SUGI papers - and am intolerant of stupid questions posted here, as I believe in those who say first RTFD. However, the FD's do not seem to apply to my trouble here.

IntrNet gurus -- What am I doing wrong????

Regards -

Gale Gould Web Resourcing Consultant CCFC - Atlanta