LISTSERV at the University of Georgia
Menubar Imagemap
Home Browse Manage Request Manuals Register
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2004, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:23:15 -0600
Reply-To:     Jack Hamilton <JackHamilton@FIRSTHEALTH.COM>
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jack Hamilton <JackHamilton@FIRSTHEALTH.COM>
Subject:      Re: v9.2 projected release date
Comments: To: quentin_mcmullen@BROWN.EDU
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Are you sure that that "nominal fee" goes to SAS Institute and not your IS department slush fund?

I assume it's not a nominal fee of $1, or you wouldn't be worrying about it.

-- Manager, Technical Development Metrics Department, First Health West Sacramento, California USA

>>> "Quentin McMullen" <quentin_mcmullen@BROWN.EDU> 04/29/2004 12:30 PM >>> sigh...

Is there an official estimate for a release date of 9.2 on Unofficial rumors?

Version 9.1 has apparently arrived at my fine university.

However, I'm still learning the oddities of educational contracts with SAS.

The master CDs are here (somewhere). But my *department* needs to pay a (nominal) fee for each person upgrading to 9.1. (So it aint like most companies, where you have an annual license fee that includes 'free' upgrades).

So now that the CDs are at the university, the people in my department are wondering, "should we pay nominal_fee*10 SASprogrammers to upgrade to 9.1 if that means we will again have to pay nominal_fee*10 again in the fall to get to 9.2?"

Of course, I'm holding my breath waiting for 9.1, so I'm hoping I can tell them (honestly :) "we won't be seeing 9.2 any time soon, so let's go ahead and get 9.1."

Thanks for any info, --Quentin

Back to: Top of message | Previous page | Main SAS-L page