Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 May 2004 15:45:17 -0400
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Grant McCreary <jedigrant@EXCITE.COM>
Subject:      Scissor-tailed Flycatcher

The flycatcher was there this morning around 10am. It was on one of the high tension wires between the 2 towers, a good way off. Didn't have a scope, but there is no mistaking this bird. Never saw it fly. We turned the car around to leave and when we looked again it was gone. Also saw some Barn Swallows and a male Blue Grosbeak. One note, the power cut is less than half a mile down the road. We passed it, and there just so happens to be another, smaller, dirt turn-off at exactly half a mile. We parked there for a while, but there was no power cut. But on our way back found the right spot and immediately saw the bird once parked.

Grant McCreary Cumming (Forsyth county), GA

_______________________________________________ Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com The most personalized portal on the Web!