Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sat, 1 May 2004 22:04:46 -0400
Sender:   Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Schmalz/Buckley <jbgs@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:   Fernbank Migration Walk

In spite of getting misted upon and rained on this morning, we had an excellent migration count in Fernbank Forest (DeKalb Co) from 8:00 AM until nearly noon.

The best and biggest bird was the Barred Owl spotted by Lisa Hurt and enjoyed by the crowd. We also had a nice mixed flock of tanagers and warblers (15 species) after the rain stopped. Some of the "better" birds are listed here.

Barred Owl (1)

Yellow-billed Cuckoo (1)

Woodpeckers-Red-headed (1), Red-bellied (9), Downy (9), and No. Flicker (1)

Great Crested Flycatcher (1)

Fish Crow (6)

Veery (1)

Swainson's Thrush (5)

Wood Thrush (5)

Cedar Waxwing (45)

Northern Parula (1)

Chestnut-sided Warbler (3)

Cape May Warbler (12)

Black-throated Blue Warbler (22)

Yellow-rumped Warbler (2)

Pine Warbler (2)

Palm Warbler (5)

Blackpoll Warbler (9)

Cerulean Warbler (1)

Black-and-white Warbler (2)

American Redstart (7)

Worm-eating Warbler (1)

Ovenbird (3)

Kentucky Warbler (1)

Hooded Warbler (7)

Scarlet Tanager (2)

Rose-breasted Grosbeak (2)

Indigo Bunting (1)

Later,

Georgann

Georgann Schmalz

Atlanta, GA, DeKalb Co.

Director of Communications, Atlanta Audubon Society

Ornithologist, Birding Adventures, Inc.

www.birdingadventuresinc.com <http://www.birdingadventuresinc.com/>