Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 20 May 2004 15:16:16 +0100
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   David Hutton <David.Hutton@cem.dur.ac.uk>
Subject:   Re: changing variable type using syntax --- for a large number of variables

Hi Elena! See Raynald Levesque's website at http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/MacroTutorial.htm#MacroHandleManyVars

Basically, set up a first macro to change old variable from string to numeric in temp, drop the old named variable, and rename temp to the old variable name.

Then set up a macro to contain all your variable names, and call the first macro using that list. Good luck! David.

-----Original Message----- From: Elena Garifoullina [mailto:Elena.Garifoullina@argos.co.uk] Sent: 20 May 2004 14:59 To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: changing variable type using syntax

Hello Everyone!

I have a string variable, say 'price', and I want to change it into a numeric variable with the same name 'price'. I really need syntax as I have about 200 variables that will need to be changed from string to numeric and have the same name.

Thank you

Elena Garifoullina

ARG Financial Services

UK

Click here to visit the Argos home page http://www.argos.co.uk

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and/or confidential, and is intended exclusively for the addressee. Unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution of the contents is strictly prohibited.

The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator.

If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by using the reply facility in your e-mail software.

All messages sent and received by Argos Ltd are monitored for viruses, high-risk file extensions, and inappropriate content.