Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 May 2004 14:06:19 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Carol Jones <jonesce@michigan.gov>
Subject:      Re: syntax to change numeric to character

Thanks to ... Gene Maguin, Becky Hetter, Jan Spousta, and Manny Strachle....... Excellent tips..........

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Carol Jones Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 3:19 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: syntax to change numeric to character

I have two hundred and thirty fields in my dataset. I am using ver 12. I need to change all the fields from (F4.0) to (A4) - the field names need to remain the same. Can someone share some syntax to perform this task? Thanks