Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 2004)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 May 2004 19:27:13 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Raynald Levesque <rlevesque@videotron.ca>
Subject:      Re: Labeling Points in a scatterplot

Hi

The following syntax labels each point of the scatter plot using the ID variable.

GET FILE='c:\program files\spss\employee data.sav'. N OF CASES 10. GRAPH /SCATTERPLOT(BIVAR)=salbegin WITH salary BY id (NAME) /MISSING=LISTWISE .

HTH

Raynald Levesque rlevesque@videotron.ca Visit my SPSS site: http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Brian Moore Sent: May 18, 2004 4:43 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Labeling Points in a scatterplot

Hi all-

I did a search of the archives and found my exact question (asked in January of 1997), but not an answer. Is there any way to label the points on a scatter plot? For example instead of having a large legend with a 15 symbols of different colors for 15 classes of observations ranging from 1 to 15, I'd like to use the case numbers as the symbols and have the legend read: case # variable label. Label cases by and set markers in the GUI aren't quite doing it for me.

Thanks, Brian