Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 2004)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 May 2004 15:22:30 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Peck, Jon" <peck@spss.com>
Subject:      Re: Filename with datevalue

There is an example script to do this very task in the scripting chapter of the Data Management book.

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Richard Ristow Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 3:05 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: [SPSSX-L] Filename with datevalue

At 02:27 PM 5/14/2004, Kraan, Egon wrote:

>I need to be able to save a file where part of the file name is julian date >value. Does anyone have a script, macro, syntax, or anything else that can >handle this? > >SAVE OUTFILE='C:\dir\filename0413501.sav' > /COMPRESSED. > >where 0413501 is updated based on the actual datevalue.

See my posting "Re: file with actual date and time", Thu, 1 Apr 2004 14:22:26 -0500. Here's the core part of that posting. You'll have to modify it to get date in Julian form, rather than the form "01-APR-2004 14-15" (where "14-15" is hour and minute, because file names cannot contain colons).