Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 2004)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 26 May 2004 01:39:11 -0700
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Cady Wan <xqw1@yahoo.com>
Subject:   define vector according to the number of a variable list

Dear list,

I would like to define a vector according to the number of a variable list.

I wrote the following syntax: DO IF ($casenum = 1). COMPUTE count=0. DO REPEAT x = varlist. COMPUTE count = count + 1. END REPEAT. END IF. LEAVE count.

vector f(count).

It came the error message:

>Error # 4356 in column 14. Text: count >The format specified is not recognized. >This command not executed.

>Error # 4267 in column 19. Text: ) >A positive integer or a format was expected within the parentheses on the >VECTOR command.

Could someone help me? Thanks in advance!

Cady