Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 May 2004 10:40:14 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Raynald Levesque <rlevesque@videotron.ca>
Subject:      Re: Filename with date

Hi

This is one way:

* Objective: Save data file with the current date as part of the name. * Define dummy data . DATA LIST FREE /a. BEGIN DATA 1 2 3 END DATA.

* Define a macro which will yield the current date. STRING #cdate(A9). COMPUTE #cdate=$DATE. DO IF $casenum=1. WRITE OUTFILE 'c:\temp\temp.sps' /"DEFINE !date()'"#cdate"'!ENDDEFINE.". END IF. EXECUTE. * Run the macro. INCLUDE 'c:\temp\temp.sps'.

SAVE OUTFILE='c:\temp\example1_' + !date + '.sav'.

HTH

Raynald Levesque rlevesque@videotron.ca Visit my SPSS site: http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of studentSPSS Sent: May 24, 2004 9:23 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Filename with date

Hi everybody, I want just to save a .sav with the current system date.

For example, I want to save "example1_24_may_2004.sav" (or some other date format)

The parameters could be also the name before the date (example1)

Any suggestion about the solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

spssStudent Italy