Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 13 May 2004 21:45:12 -0400
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Art Kendall <Arthur.Kendall@verizon.net>
Subject:   Re: Problems with intra-class correlation
Comments:   To: drj48@earthlink.net

Are you saying that two people had opposite ratings on the same construct? A zero or close to zero correlation would mean lack of agreement. A negative correlation of any magnitude would mean that the raters opposed each other? Did you try crosstabs or scatter plots of rating pairs, 3d scatter plots of rating triplets?

If there is clearly an apparent negative correlation between two ratings of the same stimuli on the same construct, I would definitely go back and see if the data were entered correctly.

Art Art@DrKendall.org Social Research Consultants University Park, MD USA (301) 864-5570