Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 19 May 2004 15:04:02 +0200
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Spousta Jan <JSpousta@CSAS.CZ>
Subject:   Re: SPSS SYNTAX - outputting into .csv
Comments:   To: "Lisa.WHITE@dfes.gsi.gov.uk" <Lisa.WHITE@dfes.gsi.gov.uk>

Hi Lisa,

* Generate a syntax for writing the data from every row (use commands like compute and write; the syntax itself should contains write commands too, I think);

* include the syntax.

Another possible way is to create a macro with a !DO loop. Or, finally, use a script.

As an example, you can use my posting to the theme "Splitting in the number of files as there are number of values in varible x" from May 7th. (Archive of this discussion group is on http://listserv.uga.edu/archives/spssx-l.html). Or use appropriate syntax files from Raynald's pages, e.g. http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/Syntax/WorkingWithManyFiles/SplitBigFilesIntoSeparateCategoriesStrVar.txt .

HTH

Jan

-----Original Message----- From: Lisa White [mailto:Lisa.WHITE@dfes.gsi.gov.uk] Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 2:03 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: FW: SPSS SYNTAX - outputting into .csv

Hi All

Please can I have some advice on creating a syntax file. I have a .sav file containing 2,700 rows of data and from this I would like to output 2,700 .csv files (one for each row/school).

What would be the best way of doing this?

Thanks Lisa

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free