Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2004, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 6 May 2004 12:29:37 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Richard A. DeVenezia" <radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:   Re: SAS/AF FRAME SIZE

saspatel wrote: > Hi, > > I developed SAS/AF application using 17" monitor and when I opened it > (SAS/AF application) using 19" monitor..size of the FRAME is still > relative to 17" monitor. I read couple of question/answers posted out > on net but could not find any solution. > > I readlly would like to know if anyone came across this kind of > problem and has solved it somehow. I really appreciate your help. > > Regards, > Unnat

Suppose the frame was 15" wide on the 17" monitor. Are you saying it is still 15" wide on the 19" monitor ? Are you saying you maximized the window on the 19" monitor, but the frame components didn't 'move' to utilize the now larger real estate ? Are you running on Windows or Other (Unix has some xresources you can adjust)?

If you want your AF app to be maximized when it runs, look into the ZOOM command. If you want non-maximized but larger, your frame would have to adjust its attributes; width, height, windowSizeIncludes. There are functions or methods that report the system window sizes but I can't recall what they are or which object they are a method of. If you want your components to reposition themselves when the window size changes, look in to component attachments.

On Windows, the size of the AF display can get wacky if the development system font sizes are different than the deployment system font sizes. Compare the system settings of Display Properties/Settings/Display/Font Size, the choices are usually Small Fonts/Large Fonts/Other.

-- Richard A. DeVenezia http://www.devenezia.com/downloads/sas/af