Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:36:14 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ralf Zimmermann <Ralf.Zimmermann@ifes.uni-erlangen.de>
Subject:      Automatic Data recognition

Hi fellow listers,

we are seriously thinking about changing manual data feeding via DataEntry to automatic data recognition. As far as I can see, there are at least four options to do so: TeleForm Remark Office NCS OpScan ReadSoft

In the SPSSX-L Archives, I could find comments on the first three products, but not on Readsoft. Does anyone have experience with Readsoft? Is it true that NCS OpScan only allows for OMR Scanning, not for OCR? Since we are doing social research using paper&pen surveys, we need to be able to scan for both check boxes and handwritten answers.

TIA for your comments,

-- Ralf Zimmermann Dipl. Sozialwirt

Institut für empirische Soziologie an der Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (IfeS) Marienstr. 2 / IV

90402 Nürnberg

Fon: 0911/ 23 565 -41 Fax: 0911/ 23 565 -50

www.ifes.uni-erlangen.de