Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Jun 2004 05:01:47 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Aditya Andika <learningaddict83@yahoo.com>
Subject:      question about types of data

What is a multidimensional data and what is a unidimensional data ? can u give an example ? I've read in a website that to measure a reliability of a unidimensional data, use Cronbach's Alpha and to measure a reliability of a multidimesional data, use factor analysis, is it true ? If i have a variabel / construct with 4 dimensions/factors and each dimension has 4 indicators, how should i test it's reliability and validity ? Is there a good book/website that explains and gives examples about the steps in psychological / social research, making a questionaire, and so on. I've read dozens of books about statistical method but they only explain how to count without explaining it's application on research.