Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:30:17 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         la volta statistics <schmidhauser@lavolta.ch>
Subject:      Error with Casestovars command

Dear all

I have problem with the CASESTOVARS command. When I use the command for a file that happens to have only one case I get an error when I subsequently want to compute a new variable (see syntax below). I know this is a rare case, but since I create the data file dynamically, I do not know beforehand if only one or more cases are available. Has anybody found a solution for this problem.

DATA LIST /ID 2 TIME 5-11 (A) SCORE 13-14. begin data. 1 before 73 end data.

LIST.

SORT CASES BY ID TIME . CASESTOVARS /ID = ID /INDEX = TIME /GROUPBY = VARIABLE.

Compute dummy = 1. Exec.

Thanks in advance, Christian

******************************* la volta statistics Christian Schmidhauser, Dr.phil.II Weinbergstrasse 108 Ch-8006 Zürich Tel: +41 (043) 233 98 01 Fax: +41 (043) 233 98 02 mailto:schmidhauser@lavolta.ch