Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:46:58 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ira Roberts <ir10@MAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Need to generate random words/letter configurations in SAS

Hello Richard and All,

out of sheer curiosity, does anyone has a dictionary of English language available so that it can be used in SAS to check how many of these 5000 words are not gibberish? I remember one old article that stated that if one can get a monkey to writinig for infinite time, it can eventually write "Sound and Fury". So, I'm just wondering how many iterations it will actually take to produce one meaningful word (regardless of its length).

Might also be interesting for Paul, I believe...

IRa