Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:45:58 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         sportsfun <sportsfun77@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      merge two datasets by year and id and also get the data for the
              previous two years

Hi,

There are only two variables in one dataset, which is the id and year (only one year, for example year 1986). The other datasets contains id, many years (year1984 to year2003) and other varibles. If I want to merge these two datasets to get the results for those ids in the first dataset and years not only 1986, but also two years before that (i.e., year 1985 and 1984), how can I do this?

Thanks a lot!