Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:44:58 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   K*F <kafernan@UWATERLOO.CA>
Subject:   arrangements of indistinguishable objects?

Greetings,

Suppose I have 6 objects, 3 of type A and 3 of type B, and would like to arrange them randomly. I would like to make an array of all the possible arrangements. So for example one element of the array might be AABBAB. Can anyone suggest an easy way of doing this? I was thinking of tweaking the code http://www.id.unizh.ch/software/unix/statmath/sas/sasdoc/stat/chap50/sec t23.htm but being a SAS newbie I wasn't sure how to go about it - any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you, Kim