Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:41:12 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "John J. Gilroy" <jjgilroy@HOUSEHOLD.COM>
Subject:      Dynamic Variable Problem, Help!!!

I am trying the following in an effort to create a dynamic variable name that is dependent on the difference, months (can change from observation to observation) between a date variable and the system date. Here is what I've tried, and now realize 2 reason it will not work (macro variables not resolved until datastep execution, and int function needs a number):

**************************************************************************** Data Temp; Merge Dataset1 (In=A) Dataset2 (In=B); by custidno appseqno;

If A and B then do; G2 = INTCK('MONTH',CONTDT,"&SYSDATE"D); G1 = INPUT(G2,2.); %LET GAP = %SYSFUNC(INT(G1));

Balnet&gap = Balnet;

or I would like to do:

Rename Balnet = Balnet&gap;

How can I create these variable names on the fly???? Thanks, John