Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Jul 2004 12:18:42 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK
Subject:      Re: Simple User Interface

Alan,

I'm not sure how the windows front end, coded in C# for instance and driven by xml, communicates with SAS? Via the command line passing parms? If SAS then spits out a report, how would the front end know when it was done? Could the front end send the parms over a network to, say, a socket listener (although this cannot multi-thread meaning it would be single user at a time only), or else how would the client/server operate short of having SAS Intrnet / IT? You msoft solution does not require the "client" to have SAS compared to the datastep windows solution does it,

Cheers Microsoft Guy and have a good weekend,

Ben.