Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Jul 2004 10:54:37 +1200
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Don & Susann <don_stanley@PARADISE.NET.NZ>
Subject:      Re: ODS Read Access Violation In Task ( Submit ]
Comments: To: Basem <batawfic@YAHOO.COM>

I get this often in Windows, especially with proc report writing to ODS. It does seem to me that it happens when I have been using a single session for a long period (often days), and carried out a lot of ODS/proc report work.

I did find that removing call execute statements from a preceding data step seemed to help. SAS tech support were very reluctant to follow this through, it is hard to reproduce. The problem happened with complex or simple proc reports, always with a customised template, but given its random nature, I could never assume that the template was the problem.

Shutting down and restarting SAS usually helped. Interestingly, I also found that sometimes when I removed proc report from a macro the problem went away (eg -- proc report in a macro fails, but generates proc report code in the log, i cut and paste the log into an editor, it works fine, rerun the macro, it fails again -- but this was NOT the time I got this error.

Cheers Don

-- Don Stanley, B.SC, Dip O.R.S, MNZCS Author:: Beyond the obvious with SAS Screen Control Language. Author:: Solutions for your GUI Applications Development Using SAS/AF FRAME Technology http://www.syswaregroup.com , http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~ashluke