Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:20:31 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Choate, Paul@DDS" <pchoate@DDS.CA.GOV>
Subject:      Re: User Profile
Comments: To: Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET>,
          David Fickbohm <DavidF@homegain.com>

Dave & Art -

In your SASV9.CFG the profile folder can be modified if you have rights to its directory. In mine it's referred from C:\Program Files\SAS\SAS 9.1\SASV9.CFG to the actual file in C:\Program Files\SAS\SAS 9.1\nls\en\SASV9.CFG.

Here's the profile location setting in SASV9.CFG:

/* Setup the default SAS System user profile folder */ -SASUSER "?CSIDL_PERSONAL\My SAS Files\9.1"

When I installed my group's XP/SASv9 as administrator I was able to define the profile folder to be under their XP documents directory which gave them each rights to modify it.

hth

Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Arthur Tabachneck Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 7:30 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: User Profile

David,

Was the experience Ron related the same as your own (i.e., is the problem solved?).

I've also run into the problem, but for a totally different reason. Our IT folks were installing SAS in an XP environment, but logging on as Administrators when doing the installs.

As a result, the user profile only held if one logged on as Administrator, and the software had to be re-installed under each user's login.

Art --------- DavidF@HOMEGAIN.COM (David Fickbohm) wrote in message news:<09E1FB011D56C7499296BC687D4A0AAD0D5B2117@homegain1.homegain.com>... > People, > Studpid question time. Each time I launch SAS I get the message SAS User > Profile not found, Work profile will be used. My question is what would a > SAS User profile and how would I create one? > Thanks > Dave > > Dave Fickbohm > Data Mining Analyst > Homegain+ > 2450 45th St. > Emeryville, CA, 94608 > Phone 510 655 0800 ext 4151