Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:23:27 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Bob Abelson <Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM>
Subject:   Re: PROC REPORT Concepts

Jules,

I've seen it done both ways. I prefer calculating statistics outside of PROC REPORT, but that's just me. A PROC REPORT virtuoso would probably laugh at me for doing it that way.

Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com

"Bosch, Jules [PRDUS Non J&J]" <JBosch1@PRDUS.JNJ.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 07/16/2004 12:25 PM Please respond to "Bosch, Jules [PRDUS Non J&J]"

To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: PROC REPORT Concepts

Dears,

Is a common scenario for the use of PROC REPORT one where I might use, for example, PROC SUMMARY or PROC MEANS to produce a SAS output table and then use PROC REPORT to report/display the results? Or, would one simply be able to report/display summary or descriptive statistics directly from PROC REPORT?

TIA,

Jules Bosch