Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:26:44 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   David Fickbohm <DavidF@HOMEGAIN.COM>
Subject:   Format question

People, I have a field that contains the number 1 through 5 representing different purposes for entering a website. I think I am correct in saying that if I use a format to show a word instead of a number in that field the field will still have a number when I export the final dataset to excel. Am I correct ? I think the only way to actually show the word is to use an if and add a new variable to the dataset if x = 1 then "word"

Am I correct ?

Thanks Dave

Dave Fickbohm Data Mining Analyst Homegain+ 2450 45th St. Emeryville, CA, 94608 Phone 510 655 0800 ext 4151