Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:38:05 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         linda <babypenguin13@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Survival analysis- time dependent?

Hi,

I am just starting off in using sas for survival analysis work and I was hoping this group could help me out. I've been using the proc phreg command to do an analysis looking at aspirin use as a predictor of cancer in my dataset. So far I've been using information on aspirin use just at baseline entry into the study, however I'd like to take into account the changes in aspirin use that take place over the years the study was conducted. Could anyone provide me with some advice on how to go about this? Or is there a way of creating a variable that takes into account this change over time? Aspirin use is just a categorical variable: never, former, and current. For the most part, participants start off at never, go to current and then become former users. Thanks in advance! Linda