Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:54:01 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sajeel <sajeelmanzoor@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Boolean Factor analysis

Hi all,

I am intrested in using factor analysis for data reduction purposes. Now the issue I'm faced with is that in my data set I have 4 continuious and 17 dummy variables. My questions are.

Should factor analysis be used for this at all? If yes, what precautions need to be taken? And is it recommend to to FA on just the dummy variables seperately? Could any body direct me as to what code I should use for dummy factor analysis.

Any help in the above matter will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Sajeel