Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:30:22 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Howard Schreier <Howard_Schreier@ITA.DOC.GOV>
Subject:      Re: about dbms/copy and stat/transfer

I had more or less the same theory.

It may be that the variables need to be maintained as numerics. It is possible with SAS to force as storage length of less than 8 bytes for numeric variables, but it's tricky business.

Another strategy is to follow Chang's advice, then create a view to do the expansion and conversion on the fly. Something like:

proc sql; create view mylib.bloated as select input(something,1.) as something, [more of the same] from mylib.compact ; quit;