Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:58:37 +0200
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Groeneveld, Jim" <jim.groeneveld@VITATRON.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tabulation format
Comments: To: ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK

Hi Ben,

You are making me curious with your last remark. Your ranges are overlapping between 1-10, but that is for you to correct. An overall format could be (and you may vary on that): PROC FORMAT; VALUE _Multif .001 -< 10 = [F8.3] 10 - 10000 = [comma9.0] ; RUN;

This code is at least approximate. You may make final modifications.

Jim Groeneveld, MSc. Biostatistician Science Team Vitatron B.V. Meander 1051 6825 MJ Arnhem Tel: +31/0 26 376 7365 Fax: +31/0 26 376 7305 Jim.Groeneveld@Vitatron.com www.vitatron.com

My computer says 'beep'. What's wrong with that? It's talking too much!

[common disclaimer]

-----Original Message----- From: ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK [mailto:ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK] Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 16:47 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Tabulation format

Dear SAS-L

Because of a tabulation I have three variable types in a new variable, for instance var1 has range 1-10,000 and vars2&3 have range 0.001-10.000. How do I apply a format to the new tabulated variable x that will selectively apply comma9.0 to the values that come from var1 and 8.3 to values from var2&3?

Vars1-3 are now the class for the table such that var x is the var. Being more specific than this could pose a problem!

Any suggestions much appreciated.