Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:32:00 +0200
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Groeneveld, Jim" <jim.groeneveld@VITATRON.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rounding
Comments: To: Sharon <findingjobs@HOTMAIL.COM>

Dear Sharon,

Either use the ROUND function (see your docs) to round the values (in your dataset) or use a format with a limited N of decimals (in this case 0) to not round you values, but round them only while printed, displayed.

Jim Groeneveld, MSc. Biostatistician Science Team Vitatron B.V. Meander 1051 6825 MJ Arnhem Tel: +31/0 26 376 7365 Fax: +31/0 26 376 7305 Jim.Groeneveld@Vitatron.com www.vitatron.com

My computer says 'beep'. What's wrong with that? It's talking too much!

[common disclaimer]

-----Original Message----- From: Sharon [mailto:findingjobs@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 22:41 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Rounding

I'd like SAS to round my variables to the nearest integer. I read in the SAS help that the statment "proc print round (X, 1)" can round the numbers. However, I get an error message when I do this. I also tried using "proc means maxdec = 1" but this also does not do anything. Can anyone help me? Thank you.